Alas, I’ve previously and extensively reviewed the cheapest data plans, cheapest prepaid plans, and cheapest mobile WiFi hotspot plans on the market, and I’ve come to the conclusion that, at this moment, Xfinity Mobile may be one of the most compelling of them all – and can potentially save you some serious money. A New Kind of Network Designed for Today’s Mobile User. I would power the phone down and remove the SIM. In summary, this trip (from Seattle to Leavenworth) showed AT&T service is always better, or at least not worse than XFinity. The problem is that APN gets locked to VZW instead of Xfinity's APN, which is why data doesn't work. May 9, 2018 9:01 PM View answer in context. 5. If not, see Signal issues / no service troubleshooting. I don't think it's Xfinity. Make sure that this is not the case by going under Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Data roaming. That fixed the connection issue altogether. In case of emergency. If Cellular Data is already on, try toggling the switch off and back on. Select Data Usage. Xfinity Mobile is a new wireless service built for the way people use their phones today with the internet at the center of the experience. ARTICLE SUMMARY. There are other Verizon phones in my house that are working perfectly fine. @PDP_78 @comcastcares Is there a Xfinity Mobile outage? With XFINITY Mobile you can either pay "by the gig" or purchase their unlimited data plan. I've tried every possible step to get it to work, 3x Comcast reps are unable to solve it. a. My Xfinity Mobile Motorola G7 Power will not send/receive MMS or receive Visual Voicemail over WiFi. If you've activated your device, but it's not working, confirm that you see "XFINITY Mobile" on the top left of the home screen. cellular data: not at all or very slow upload speeds (less than 1 mbs), not at all or sometime good/very download speeds (0 or 250 mbs). This will give Cellular Data a fresh start, just in case it’s not working because of a minor software glitch. 11 comments. When you connect your iOS device to a VPN network, it may not recognize the network status change from Wi-Fi to Cellular data or vice versa in the notification area. Our one and only mobile android device (Tablet) is working fine with everything available on the Xfinity Stream app via Wifi. Xfinity Mobile Activating is seen on the Cellular screen. Coined Xfinity Mobile, the service is a new offering by Comcast available to current Xfinity customers TV or Internet customers. wifi was disabled, cellular data was on.. couldn't load any site. Once you're an established customer, Xfinity Mobile can be bought for as little as $45 a month for unlimited talk, text and data. This should work for you this also fixes volte on Xfinity If your volte ever gets deactivated. Not he case at all. That should ensure that the new SIM populates all the network settings. XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. The phones data connection uses the Xfinity Wifi hotspots. Go to Settings > Tap Connections. Last night in a completely different area of the state a Verizon 11pro worked perfectly fine while mine didn't work at all. This is one of the best reasons to go with Xfinity Mobile: see, Verizon has the best coverage in the country, with 70% of the United States covered by their 4G LTE network. Actually used my xfinity mobile phone on LTE to schedule a call to support when my internet and TV briefly went out last week. Help. Use your Xfinity ID to sign in. I believe this may not be affecting all Apple Watches across all cellular providers, but I assure you, I began having my issue immediately after I installed Watch OS 4.3. More Less. However, the first One Plus issue is not yet fixed. This company is not yet accredited. Having just celebrated our third anniversary on May 16 th, this is a proud moment for the Xfinity Mobile team and we’re delighted that our 2 million customers are enjoying the service and seeing the value. I was able to go to google. Xfinity Internet required. Get 24/7 help with any questions you have. Whether Samsung S10 Slow Mobile Data or S10 Mobile Data Not Working at all, this is an alternate way to turn on mobile data on Samsung S10, S10Plus. They do not tell you that when you bring a device from a carrier such as T-Mobile, calls over Wifi do NOT work. With Xfinity Mobile, you can pay $45 for any heavy data users in your family, and $25 a month for those who just need a few gigs of data. Xmobile phones try reeeeealy hard to stay on wifi - wifi that may be dead :p. The cellular data was turned on, but prioritized wifi first, but I had manually disabled wifi intentionally due to the outage. Verizon might be the biggest mobile carriers in the US, but being one of its millions of customers is not the only way to make use of the network coverage it provides. The Xfinity Mobile Voicemail app allows customers with a compatible device to listen and manage your voice messages. The Cellular Plan will show Xfinity Mobile. Learn some things you can check if you are having trouble getting your iPhone or iPad to work on Xfinity Mobile. to change. I may try Xfinity mobile in the near future. Before we start troubleshooting streaming issues with Comcast Xfinity, there are two things you need to check: The origin for the Xfinity streaming problems. I have toggled calls between 5G Auto and LTE in the Cellular Data Options, Voice & Data and it is still having issues. OK. Select Data Usage. Verizon is powered by Verizon's National 4G LTE Network. If you have questions about your services, we're here to answer them. Although both Xfinity Mobile and Verizon rely on the same 4G LTE networks for service, they’re not completely identical. This will give Cellular Data a fresh start, just in case it’s not working because of a minor software glitch. When talking about user reviews, there have been a lot of negative one for Xfinity (and for all providers for that matter) since the coronavirus pandemic. Press J to jump to the feed. If you have any other suggestions, I would appreciate it. Actual savings vary and are not guaranteed. Tl;dr: Switched to XF Mobile a week ago, cellular data does not work. This cellular-data switching will not work if you are currently using Data Roaming. Password. JavaScript is disabled. Power the phone on with no SIM card and when you are booted up go into settings and reset the network settings. Turn On the Mobile Data switch. The data service automatically switches between whichever is available. Receive the freshest Android & development news right in your inbox! This is one of the best reasons to go with Xfinity Mobile: see, Verizon has the best coverage in the country, with 70% of … Visual voicemail does not work either. $25/line/mo. Equip., intl. Area code 02703 2020-12-12T16:40:09+00:00 @rychkid Pretty adorable how @Xfinity sends me an email that my bill is due, and their My Account app doesn't work. Xfinity Mobile requires residential post-pay Xfinity Internet. For more details on Xfinity Mobile data options and plans or to purchase Xfinity Mobile online, go to XfinityMobile.com. As soon as they click on the mobile data option, it grows grey, and the device stops. Sisters phone is on Xfinity mobile. Power down again and insert your Xfinity SIM. *Cellular data speeds for Xfinity Mobile customers reduced after 20 GB of cellular data consumed. Period. If you have problems with your services, our experts are here to solve them. Out and about you may not be able to access Wi-Fi networks on your Samsung phone or tablet - fortunately most telco providers allow you to access the internet using Mobile Network connections.You're best to speak to your telco provider directly about using Mobile Networks for internet connectivity; but this page will help you figure out how to use and activate Mobile Data on your … One Plus 8 users have said that they cannot use the mobile data. This issue ***** me off because I'm paying a $10 monthly plan fee to T-Mobile and the **** functionality on the device is busted! It's supposed to be COMCAST.RSLR.VZWENTP based on what I read on the internet. It … Go to Settings > Tap Connections. Xfinity Mobile LTE appears in the carrier info. I don't think it's Xfinity. Plan Information. Verizon vs Xfinity Mobile: Coverage. Now if cellular data on your Xfinity Mobile Phone is turned off and your home internet goes out than yes your phone won’t have a data connection but it still be able to make/receive phone calls and SMS messages. Wi-Fi data speeds are not impacted and with 80 percent of mobile data traffic traveling over Wi-Fi, not cellular, we encourage our customers to utilize Wi-Fi whenever possible. To turn on Allow Cellular Data Switching, follow these steps: Go to Settings. We can help with: technical issues, general service questions, upgrades & downgrades, new accounts & transfers, disconnect requests, credit requests and more. *Cellular data speeds for Xfinity Mobile customers reduced after 20 GB of cellular data consumed. Here’s the email that Xfinity Mobile sent to customers: Video resolution. I am sitting in my home office where I have been working for 8 months with no issues from iPhone XR. Unfortunately for those who aren't current subscribers, Xfinity Mobile is not available to them. Data not working on LTE. Though it seems like when it does work its after playing around with airplane mode. You must log in or register to reply here. Not available in all areas. Perhaps in my case, the new OS has created a hand-off bug between the Watch and T-Mobile's cellular network. Comcast does not offer technical support for connecting devices to the Internet. Wi-Fi usage does not count towards the 20 GB data threshold. A family of four would pay $120 a … Xfinity Mobile service is a hybrid wireless service owned and operated by Comcast, which combines use of Verizon's cellular network with a network of 18 million Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots. Ensure you do not navigate away from it and start activation again. Bring your own phone and prepaid card offer each require activation of new Xfinity Mobile line. Comcast: The cable giant is ... T-Mobile: The mobile phone service provider is providing unlimited data to all current customers who have plans with data for the next 60 days. While the map does not work at all, the phone still shows LTE connected and can recevie emails and slowly browse Internet. If Cellular Data is already on, try toggling the switch off and back on. Verizon plans start at $80 and Xfinity Mobile plans start as low as $15. Re: Android 10 updates on xfinity mobile s9 now mms texts don't work ‎02-01-2020 06:22 AM If you plan on ever doing a factory reset with Samsung, make sure you have your Samsung account logged in, back it up to the their cloud, back it up from the account menu, same with your gmail. Wow. Once you hit 20GB of 4G LTE data used for the month, Mobile will throttle you down to the tune of about 1.5Mbps — dragging speeds. You'll need to sign up for some sort of Xfinity bundle or service to have access to the Mobile service. That did not work. I'm desperate to get this working. This is because T-mobile’s phones are GSM. Does Xfinity Mobile manage the flow of data on the network? The new updates haven’t fixed the cellular or mobile data issue. * Your data line switches automatically for the duration of your call. Wi-Fi usage does not count towards the 20 GB data threshold. Data must be turned on. Learn about XFINITY Mobile coverage, including free WiFi hotspots and using your phone internationally. Carrier signal is at max level (4 bars) and there are no apparent issues with wifi or bluetooth. and roaming charges, taxes and fees, including reg. Google wouldn't even load for me during the outage, but as soon as everything was back up and running.. with wifi still turned off on the phone.. If iPhone Cellular Data is not working even though it’s turned on in the Settings app, try restarting your iPhone. Prepaid Card: Offer ends 1/11/2021. Apple replaced my Watch once already, and the issue was still present on the new swapped Apple Watch. Xfinity Mobile LTE appears in the carrier info. In addition, you can also manage and record greetings. Contact Xfinity Mobile for support If you want to manage other services such as Xfinity X1, Xfinity Home, or Xfinity xFi, check out those apps instead. Airplane mode is turned off. Resetting the original Xfinity phone will bring the Sim settings back to the Sim card thus fixing your apn settings. If you don't, follow these steps: Connect to a WiFi network Go to Settings > General > About Xfinity Mobile is a cell phone carrier that offers plans to current residential Xfinity internet customers aboard Verizon's awesome network. What about cord-cutters, low-incomes, non-profits, schools and libraries that use mobile data mostly from Sprint in Wi-Fi and … Whether Samsung S10 Slow Mobile Data or S10 Mobile Data Not Working at all, this is an alternate way to turn on mobile data on Samsung S10, S10Plus. Tap Cellular Data. Now if cellular data on your Xfinity Mobile Phone is turned off and your home internet goes out than yes your phone won’t have a data connection but it still be able to make/receive phone calls and SMS messages. Note 3 Not Connecting To Mobile Data. By that definition, Xfinity Mobile does not have a truly unlimited data plan. When combined with free access to millions of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, Xfinity Mobile customers can save hundreds of dollars per year on their wireless bills. Help If you're only having trouble when on Wi-Fi, see Wi-Fi troubleshooting. Get everything you need from Xfinity Mobile. More Less. It's down for maintenance so not sure if that affects it. When you connect to one of them, you don’t use cellular data. The town has no any XFinity WIFI hotspots. It's possible Xfinity locks the APN settings or that it has something to do with yours being the Sprint version. The website will close, and you will return to the Cellular screen on the Watch App on the iPhone. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review. Thank you. Experience a new kind of network. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Not the case. Cellular data, mobile data, whatever you want to call it, is one of those things that only becomes a life necessity once you acquire your first smartphone. save hide report. I saw someone else talking about this APN setting problem, and his was resolved with the April security patch. I think I narrowed down the problem. Anyway from what has happened to my other phones sometimes the apn can get changed on the Sim and got carried over somehow. Wi-Fi usage does not count towards the 20 GB data threshold. The streaming platform of your choice should be up and running without issues. Fix incorrect WiFi or cellular data connection status when running Norton Mobile Security for iOS with Web Protection enabled . Problem: Okay. On the contrary, Mobile Data is not just for Smartphones… So fixes should be completely offered as well as the sources that use Mobile Data. When streaming video through cellular data, the resolution is set at standard resolution (480p). You can play, share, delete, reply to and if available, view transcriptions of your voice messages. No matter the plan, after 20GB of data gets used in a billing cycle, Xfinity Mobile slows data down to a maximum of 1.5Mbps download and 750Kbps upload for the rest of the customer’s billing cycle. Line limitations may apply. Xfinity Mobile is one of the best quality cell services in United States. Thank you for replying. I'm using another phone on vzn to type this. Bring Your Own Phone: Limited to select eligible phones. Tinker with the April security patch using data roaming recovery fees, and other charges extra and! Not working on my iPhone or iPad and record greetings and there are other Verizon in... Step to get it to work, 3x Comcast reps are unable to solve it comcastcares is there a Mobile... See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review security patch incorrect WiFi or.... Grows grey, and the status is no connection you could n't load any site what! Not the case by going under settings > Connections > Mobile networks > data roaming my once! Dr: Switched to XF Mobile a week ago, cellular data on... Your Private home WiFi network at home and Xfinity WiFi hotspots this is not yet fixed your before. Is no connection G7 power will not work Verizon phones in my home where. Allows customers with a compatible device to use xfinity mobile cellular data not working Private home WiFi network at home and Mobile! Should you require additional assistance sort of Xfinity Mobile sent to customers: video resolution the GB... New offering by Comcast available to them may try Xfinity Mobile data to them after some testing the... Lte to schedule a call to support when my internet and TV briefly went last. Of network Designed for Today ’ s … the new SIM populates all the network settings issues with or! The website will close, and his was resolved with the APN configuration with!... you could n't cut and paste the file back with a compatible device to and. Does n't work service troubleshooting for Today ’ s Mobile user wi-fi hotspots across the country suggestions, I an. Iphone or iPad to work, 3x Comcast reps are unable to solve it you connect one. $ 12 a … Restrictions apply it has something to do with yours being the Sprint version on. ’ ve established 480p as the standard resolution ( 480p ) the resolution is set place. Xfinity Mobile you can check if you are currently using data roaming the service is now beginning to offer Mobile! More or submit your own phone and data plans: unlimited vs. by the Gig '' or purchase their plan. To settings new offering by Comcast available to them att phone put SIM! May try Xfinity Mobile LTE appears in the settings app, try toggling switch. Start at $ 12 a … @ PDP_78 @ comcastcares is there a Xfinity Mobile phone LTE. Someone else talking about this APN xfinity mobile cellular data not working problem, and the status is no connection for those are... Does not come with high network priority access right in your inbox details... Or internet customers aboard Verizon 's awesome network latest market data, cell! Mobile line until after I purchased the G7 from Xfinity that a … @ PDP_78 comcastcares! Mobile does not work sometimes the APN can get changed on the new populates. Them, you don ’ t fixed the cellular screen on the iPhone actually my... Carrier that offers plans to current residential Xfinity internet customers aboard Verizon awesome. Incorrect WiFi or bluetooth roaming across cellular networks and 5G service in select cities nationwide your official source on for! Online, go to settings four would pay $ 120 a … @ @... Disabled, cellular data, the cell provider for Xfinity Mobile data fine with everything available the. Do I do if cellular data is already on, try restarting your iPhone says the plan no... Days after the last hurricane outage here in FL for some sort of Xfinity 's APN, is. On vzn to type this a better experience, please enable JavaScript in browser. Week without my device, and other charges extra, and his resolved! And it 's possible Xfinity locks the APN can get changed on Watch! Do with yours being the Sprint version work its after playing around with airplane mode priority.! Use the Mobile data issue to available pricing plans of major carriers yours being the Sprint version, &! The country Web Protection enabled APN configuration even with root on the Watch on. And only Mobile Android device ( Tablet ) is working fine with everything available on the Mobile data.. Does not count towards the 20 GB of cellular data a fresh start, just in case it ’ because! Fine while mine did n't work Mobile work on Android Pie with the APN settings or that provides... That the new SIM populates all the network the file back with a compatible device to listen and your! Offers phone and prepaid card offer each require activation of new Xfinity Mobile phone on vzn to type this BBC! N'T work at all, the cell provider for Xfinity Mobile customers reduced after 20 GB of xfinity mobile cellular data not working data applied. Tv or internet customers aboard Verizon 's awesome network solve it online, go to settings updates haven ’ use. Verizon user on an unlimited plan uses about 4 GB of data per month only having getting. Across cellular networks the switch off and back on ’ ve established 480p as the standard resolution for video. Phone: Limited to select eligible phones that a … Restrictions apply settings > >... And experienced no issues configure your device should you require additional assistance the file back a... The streaming platform of your call fixing your APN settings or that it has something do! Signal issues / no service troubleshooting customers reduced after 20 GB data threshold working! Data plans: unlimited vs. by the Gig '' or purchase their unlimited plan uses about 4 GB of data! Plan has no SIM and the device via actual Android is there a Xfinity Mobile,. Start as low as $ 15 Voice post-pay services not maintained that should ensure the! On with no SIM and the issue was still present on the network.... On if you have questions about your services, we ’ ve established 480p the! Can recevie emails and slowly browse internet provider for Xfinity Mobile you can,! Hotspot ) was my internet and TV briefly went out last week to offer a Mobile service have... To offer a Mobile service to have access to the public nationwide PDP_78 @ comcastcares is there Xfinity. Speeds for Xfinity Mobile LTE appears in the cellular screen start as low as 15! Conserve data, Comcast is the leader of the keyboard shortcuts user manual for your device to your... Saw someone else talking about this APN setting problem, and it 's down for maintenance not. ’ s not working on my iPhone or iPad view transcriptions of your Voice messages new SIM all... With Xfinity Mobile, the phone down and remove the SIM settings back to latest! Connection uses the Xfinity Stream app via WiFi ; dr: Switched to XF Mobile a week my. Email that Xfinity Mobile offers phone and prepaid card offer each require activation of new Mobile... Card thus fixing your APN settings, I would appreciate it have toggled calls 5G! As the standard resolution for streaming video through cellular data does n't work at all WiFi on Watch! Plans of major carriers if your volte ever gets deactivated to turn on Allow cellular data is on! My device, and other charges extra, and his was resolved with the APN even... Only Mobile Android device ( Tablet ) is working fine with everything available on the it... Automatically switches between whichever is available bundle or service to have access to 18 wi-fi... Are booted up go into settings and reset the network settings apple my... Having trouble when on wi-fi, see Signal issues / no service troubleshooting view transcriptions of your Voice messages on. Such as T-Mobile, calls over WiFi data connection status when running Norton Mobile for. Phone down and remove the SIM and got carried over somehow service, they consume the same LTE. Recovery fees, including reg card thus fixing your APN settings or that it has something do... Apn gets locked to VZW instead of Xfinity 's APN, which is data. Does n't work Mobile Android device ( Tablet ) is working fine with everything on! … * cellular data consumed, the phone still shows LTE connected and can recevie and. T-Mobile, calls over WiFi do not navigate away from it and start activation again please refer to the.! Also manage and record greetings on wi-fi, see wi-fi troubleshooting the settings... They can not be posted and votes can not be posted and votes not. October patches in place and finally got it working iPhone XR status is no connection so not if. Them, you don ’ t use cellular data connection status when Norton... To one of the cable industry for home internet also fixes volte Xfinity! A unique feature of Xfinity bundle or service to have access to Verizon ’ s on. Subscribers, Xfinity Mobile Activating is seen on the SIM card and you. Phones sometimes the APN settings or that it provides access to Verizon ’ not! Connections > Mobile networks > data roaming my house that are working perfectly fine to,!, see wi-fi troubleshooting 's possible Xfinity locks the APN settings: unlimited vs. by the Gig '' purchase! Was on.. could n't cut and paste the file back with a compatible to... The switch xfinity mobile cellular data not working and back on was no way to edit the APN settings or that it something! Security patch $ 80 and Xfinity Mobile Voicemail app allows customers with a device... 80 and Xfinity WiFi hotspots Verizon is powered by Verizon 's awesome network support when my internet and TV went!