These are my 2nd pair. $114.22 - $267.54. Featuring the same type of sole as the Merrell Moab 2 Waterproof, you can take them on just about any type of terrain. 159 styles from Merrell in Merrell Boots, Merrell Sandals, Merrell Shoes, and more at Sierra. We encountered an unexpected issue. The lugs of the Moab 2 are deeper than the lugs of the Merrell Chameleon 7 Stretch. ... Merrell Men Moab 2 Mid Ventilator Wide Width. In regard to hiking shoes and trail runners, you can normally choose between either a non-waterproof or Gore-Tex (or equivalent) version. In addition, the Ventilator is equipped with a protective toe cap that is made from rubber. The material was how it should be and didn’t bunch at all when the laces were tightened. This is because it is durable, long lasting, and available with many options. Buy Discount And Cheap Merrell Canada For Women Men And Kids. Almost all composite hiking boots sport a waterproof membrane. 4.4 out of 5 stars 5,589. One of the biggest differences between Merrell Moab Edge vs Ventilator is the durability. Merrell rep here; The FST should dry nominally quicker as the entire upper is constructed with a very porous 3d printed synthetic as opposed to the pig suede/mesh zoned construction of the Moab ventilators. $82.50 - $208.21. Mid boots usually feature one or two metal lacing hooks at the ankle. Also read: Merrell Chameleon 2 vs 5, Which is Better for Hiking? Their profiles are similar. I have also hiked with the Merrell Moab Ventilator in the beginning and really liked them then. The sole support isn't durable enough to qualify. It has good support and excellent comfort, and is suitable for light hiking. I purposely abuse these shoes and have never had any of them break or tear on me. More info, Copyright © 2020 www.bestadvisor.com. Both Merrell Moab Edge vs Ventilator have good support suitable for light hiking. This video shows the men's Merrell Moab mid waterproof hiking boots waterproof ability. Merrell Moab 2 Ventilator mid Hiking Boots VS Merrell Moab 2 Gore-Tex Hiking Boots. Some people also say that the fit is slightly wider than that of the Edge. But, for a hiking trip that goes for several days, you should find hiking boots with more support. This is where many people remain unaware or confused sometimes, and buy the wrong type of boot. jQuery(document).ready(function($) { }); Merrell Moab Edge vs Ventilator Experienced hikers with strong ankles can still use these shoes for overnight trips with medium packs. The footbed is fitted with a thick latex like insert that absorbs a lot of the shock we experience when walking. $110.00. This allows you to tighten the laces more efficiently and keep them securely in place during a rough hike. We’ve got to say – these shoes have some great grips. Merrell Moab Edge and Merrell Moab Ventilator are great hiking shoes. These aren't really hiking shoes. And my feet never felt cramped even after spending an entire day in them. With a 3D-printed upper, Merrell Moab Edge can stay lightweight. And this is just a personal thing, but - I'm sick of having to settle for running/ walking shoes with gaudy, god-awful flashy color schemes. Here’s what we have to say. Final Word: Merrell Chameleon 7 vs Moab 2. At DICK'S Sporting Goods, explore an impressive selection of top-rated women's and men's Merrell Moab Ventilator hiking boots. With a 3D-printed upper, Merrell Moab Edge can stay lightweight. Size: Select Size Chart Color: Black Slate. Great for Backpacking, Day Hiking, Homeless Survival Mode, and Bicycle Touring with DH Platform Pedals. As a hiker, your boots are your most important gear. $('.ptp-button').matchHeight(false); Mid-Cut vs Low-Cut Hiking Shoes ... Men’s Moab Mid GTX. It performs very well on dry rocks and wet rocks. Merrell Moab Peak Ventilator Waterproof 4.4 out of 5 stars 120 ratings | 4 answered questions Sorry. Traction The lugs of the Moab 2 are deeper than the lugs of the Merrell Chameleon 7 Stretch. Breathable and dries quicker than most hiking shoes that I've used. One of the backpacking world’s most enduring misconceptions is that you should wear waterproof footwear. $69.99 ... Moab 2 Ventilator Mid Waterproof Work Boot. It doesn't have a waterproof membrane, and therefore is not for encounters with water. Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Shoes Grey Periwinkle Womens Size 7. They both have a beefy insole that provides plenty of stability and comfort. I’m an auto estimator for a major insurance company and I spend most of my work day on my feet in various floor materials, from dirt to gravel to black top to concrete and these keep my feet comfortable all day. But no worries! Read the comparison between Merrell Moab Edge vs Ventilator below for the answer. One of the nicest things about Merrell Moab Edge and Merrell Moab Ventilator is that they don’t take long to break-in. The mesh does not hold moisture but it allows air to get into the shoes, leaving them cool at all times. ... Merrell Moab Ventilator; New Balance Big League Chew Shoes & Slides; Blue Boots; Top Winter Boots; Turquoise Nike Shoes; adidas Three Stripe Life … It has the TC5+ Vibram outsole, which explains the amazing performance. They're a #1 bestseller in womens hiking boots category and have dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Merrell Siren Hex Q2 or Merrell W Moab Fst.. Merrell Siren Edge are $35.20 less expensive than average womens hiking boots ($94.97). Merrell Moab 2 Review. ­ All Rights Reserved. The Moab 2 Waterproof, unlike the GORE-TEX® styles, does have an upper of performance suede leather. $69.99 - $230.26. The upper is pretty tough and sturdy. Both shoes are also highly breathable. Size and Weight Merrell Moab Edge has excellent traction. However, the lugs are taller. This is to ensure that the shoe won’t be too stiff when you need to run or maneuver. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Its waterproof features are a big plus. Owner Review: Merrell Moab Ventilator vs. All Out Blaze, pros and cons comparsion - Duration: ... Merrell Moab Waterproof Hiking Shoes and Mid Boots Review from Peter Glenn - … The shoe strings are great, I don't think I've ever really had to retie them during a hike. Available at REI, 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. The Moab fits some people very well, but most people think it fits well because there is a lot of padding inside it, which gives the illusion of a good fit. The Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots (which come in men’s and women’s versions) have been available since 2006, and they have been our … Free shipping BOTH ways on merrell moab 2 ventilator from our vast selection of styles. That padding also makes the shoes very hot. Shoes are still holding up very well. Get the Merrell Moab 2. and I do recommend that you do replace Hiking Boots every 6 months to 12 months for Waterproof Hiking … C. Breathable Over Waterproof. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. They both have mesh uppers that allow air to circulate easily. $('.ptp-cta').matchHeight(false); $82.50. Unfortunately, both Merrell Moab Edge and Merrell Moab Ventilator has a fairly low ankle collar, so the support around the area isn’t very good. These boots are sturdy and made of quality materials. On top of that, it's fairly safe to say that Merrell Accentor are more popular womens hiking boots, based on their 100+ reviews. They're lightweight and I honestly feel like I'm walking on cushions. Check it out on Amazon.com They are quite durable and also supportive and incredibly comfortable. FREE Delivery. Fast delivery, and 24/7/365 real-person service with a smile. For those who require further cushioning, the M-Select Fit is also an option in some designs. One of the biggest differences between Merrell Moab Edge vs Ventilator is the durability. They fit me perfectly, and I'm happy with them. Traction. I do treat mine yearly with a silicone DWR. The Ventilator is an incredibly sturdy hiking shoe that's tough from the sole to the upper. However, it is still not as durable and protective as Merrell Moab Ventilator. The upper of Merrel Moab protects the foot very well; the compression-molded EVA foot frame ensures that the Merrel Moab shoe can survive a blast, at the same time giving you the flexibility that you need. Check out Shoe Review: Moab Ventilator. $('.ptp-price').matchHeight(false); Heel Slip It has a weight of approximately 1 lb 11 oz. Moab 2 Ventilator Wide MEN'S $179.99. Just make sure to bring a medium pack. The Merrell Moab 2 Vent - Women's is a reasonably good Hiking Boots for people with about $90 to spend. $129.99 - $134.99. Curbside Pickup Available NOW! OK. There shouldn't be any significant difference between … Conclusion When the shoes are wet, they are able to evacuate the water and dry quickly. I use my Moab 2 GTX is for a mix of hiking and speed marching, which involves quite a … Actually, Merrell Moab Edge is quite durable. Merrell. I wanted to like these — got a great deal, they seem well made, comfortable, nice styling and color, nice thick sole... but... there's just too much slippage in the heel. Lastly, the insoles used in Merrell footwear are the Kinetic Fit, a design that provides great support to the heel and arch of your foot. Final Word: Merrell Chameleon 7 vs Moab 2. Size: Select Size Chart Color: Brown. In fact, Company/product listings on this page DO NOT imply endorsement by the site operator. Merrell Moab 2 WP vs. Vent. On top of that, it's fairly safe to say that Merrell Accentor are more popular womens hiking boots, based on their 100+ reviews. They have a wide and flexible forefoot that improves the balance when you are stepping.