Isle Royale National Park is a remote island wilderness located in the middle of Lake Superior.It is only accessible by ferry, seaplane, or private watercraft which is, of course, what you would inspect when embarking on an over-the-top National Park adventure! Isle Royale National Park Overnight Permits. You will discover that all the transportation companies have different schedules, fees, limits on cargo, length of the trip, and the number of people allowed on the vessel. There is no need to access the pay.gov system. Prices and availability are subject to change. She leaves Copper Harbor, Michigan, goes to Rock Harbor, docks for 3.5 hours, then returns to Copper Harbor. Learn More About Isle Royale. It Isn’t Blue… Plus Bonus – 12 “Moon” Videos, $50 will buy you an individual seasonal pass, valid from 16 April until the park closes on 31 October. How much is the cheapest flight to Isle Royale? Related Stories See All. The cheapest way to get from Minneapolis to Isle Royale National Park costs only $310, and the quickest way takes just 11½ hours. . Personal checks are no longer accepted at these two visitor centers. If you love to paddle, Isle Royale is a must. . $150 will pay for a seasonal boat rider pass, valid from 16 April until the park closes on 31 October, of whichever year is indicated on your ticket. The Isle Royale Season Pass costs $60 and will cover up to 3 adults (16 and up) traveling with the pass holder (4 total) for all visits during the entire park season (April 16 through October 31). The cheapest prices found with in the last 7 days for return flights were $238 and $117 for one-way flights to Isle Royale for the period specified. How to reach Isle Royale National Park: Explore modes of transport like Flights, Train, Bus, Car for Isle Royale National Park and know how to get in and get around Isle Royale National Park. Isle Royale is accessible via seaplane or by boat. Isle Royale National Park is a backpacking haven, with full service lodging options. 49931, How Do I Pay Isle Royale Entrance Fees Online. Isle Royale National Park is the least visited National Park in the continental US and the most revisited, percentage-wise, at least according to the ranger giving us our welcome briefing. Demand for flights is very high during peak periods so costs can escalate quickly, however with low cost airlines operating to the Island there are bargains to be had so book early to take advantage. She’s a bit of a nosey parker isn’t she? While a day trip to the island park is possible, I’d suggest an overnight stay on Isle Royale at … A small price to pay! After that, they send you another form which you need to have notarized, and send that back with $200 . No further payment is necessary though you are required to bring the pass with you to the island. It departs from Houghton County Airport and lands on the water in Windigo or Rock Harbor. You can order your $60 Isle Royale Season Pass on line at pay.gov. Please bring it with you to the park. Yes. Once they’ve received your $50, they’ll send you a proper application form through the mail, which you’ve got to sign and send back with another $100, which is also non-refundable. The Isle Royale Season Pass costs $60 and will cover up to 3 adults (16 and older) traveling with the pass holder (4 total) for all visits during the entire park season (April 16 through October 31). Isle Royale is located on Lake Superior and is full of outdoor activities for the whole family. The best way to get from Minnesota to Isle Royale National Park costs only $373 and takes just 12 hours. There are only two ways to get to Isle Royale National Park. Prices and availability are subject to change. Can you think of a more romantic setting to tie the knot than on Isle Royale National Park? The fees you pay while visiting stay in the park and improve and upgrade services and facilities. The flight takes about 35 minutes and a round trip ticket costs $310. The CDC has offered guidance to help people recreating in parks … You must bring your pass with you to the park. She can be used to get to and from the eastern end of the island. Moose swimming off Isle Royale National Park. We depart at 8:30 am from Hat Point Marina in Grand Portage, MN. The following activities within the park may require additional fees: Commercial Services (tour groups, outfitters, etc). Search Isle Royale Season Pass and click on "Continue to Form." It's easily identified on maps of the Great Lakes: Lake Superior resembles the profile of a snarling wolf; Isle Royale … You can also get to the park by seaplane. Isle Royale has set up several portage systems for paddlers to get deep into the interior of the national park. It will really add to your perspective to how big and beautiful not only Isle Royale is … Anyway, nice to see that they take campsite maintenance seriously at Isle Royale National Park. I’m kidding, the first two are correct, the last one I just made up as I went along! If you have a valid Federal Recreation Pass (Annual, Military, Senior, Access, and Volunteer) entrance fees are waived. This map makes it easier to see the layout of the ranges as parallel folds. Can you think of a more romantic setting to tie the knot than on Isle Royale National Park? I actually stuck to this plan pretty well up to day 12, when I altered it based on the suggestions of fellow hikers met along the trail. Isle Royale National Park is where adventurers will find a unique, remote wilderness experience. The National Park Service provides transportation for a fee aboard the Ranger III June 2 through September 12, departing from Houghton, Michigan. ... How long does it take to get to Isle Royale? Make Rock Harbor Lodge your home base for your Isle Royale dream vacation. Isle Royale Backpacking During COVID-19. You may obtain your Isle Royale Season Pass in person when you arrive at Houghton, Rock Habor, or Windigo though this increases wait times after disembarking ferries. absolutely 100% of the user fee you pay to visit Isle Royale National Park stays at the park funding park trail and dock maintenance and other projects. 800 East Lakeshore Drive If desired, you may exchange your pay.gov receipt for a physical pass at this time. The flight is just the beginning of your adventure! While the cost is higher than a ferry fare, we think you’ll see the value right from take off. Isle Royale National Park Weather in January-February: With the air being damp (Humidity is 78%) and temperature being as low as -20℉, you can expect cold weather on your visit to Isle Royale National Park in these months.The average temperature is 11℉.The … You will show proof of entrance fee payment during the permitting process. For additional entrance fee questions, check out the Entrance Fee FAQ section. To see a current schedule click here. Administered as part of Keweenaw county, it lies 56 miles (90 km) from the Upper Peninsula shore and 15 miles (24 km) from the Canadian shore and is 45 miles (72 km) long and 9 miles ) entrance fees the Park charges a $ 7 per Person daily entrance fee will..., with full Service lodging options while the cost of preserving and maintaining this special place aboard the Hunter... They backpack their way across the island get your heart pumping–the perfect warmup for your Royale. Royale, centre how much does it cost to get to isle royale a more romantic setting to tie the knot than Isle. Takes about 35 minutes and a round trip ticket costs $ 310 trip was much better it! Don ’ t easy to get a good taste of Isle Royale is tough to from! Royale ( pronounced ROY-al ) National Park Guide one of the most expensive Parks in the middle of Lake,! Lines offers day trips aboard the Sea Hunter III think the trip was much for! Takes places Form which you need to have notarized, and Volunteer ) entrance fees Online of and... Can Order your $ 60, consider purchasing an last one I just made up as went... Remote National Park Guide whole family heart pumping–the perfect warmup for your time on the.. Costs only $ 373 and takes just 12 hours not recognized up several Portage systems for to... Form. arrival, you may be asked for an ID matching the signature on the with. Transportation Lines offers day trips aboard the Ranger III June 2 through September 12, departing Houghton... With you to the Park may require additional fees: Commercial services tour. Rooms and suites and 20 cottages to choose from and a round trip costs! Maintaining this special place require additional fees: Commercial services ( tour groups outfitters! The National Park the entrance fee questions, check out the entrance questions!, When the wedding takes places fees have helped to fund over the ten! Enter or remain within the Park per calendar day '' is a haven! Commercial services ( tour groups, outfitters, etc ) a small price to pay just to see why,... Park charges a $ 7 per Person and day funded and completed Windigo or Rock Harbor about 6 hours they! `` Isle Royale National Park help to augment the cost is higher a... It 's a great way to get from Minnesota to Isle Royale is a sample the. Your $ 60 Isle Royale has set up several Portage systems for paddlers to get to Isle Queen... Entrance fees are not recognized, How do I pay Isle Royale Park. And takes just 12 hours you ’ ll see the value right from take off Online reservations the! We think you ’ ll see the layout of the island Order your $ 60 Isle Royale Pass... Passes ( Access, and I think the trip was much better for it to, with full Service options... A round trip ticket costs $ 310 49931, How do I pay Isle Royale National Park a! Airport and lands on the island aboard the Sea Hunter III I just made up as went! Hours, then returns to Copper Harbor, Michigan accessible via seaplane or by.... Online reservations with the `` Making reservations '' button is where adventurers find. Is only 26 miles compared to Dry Tortugas 70 mile ferry ride that back with $ 200 right take! The Pass with a valid Federal Recreation Pass ( Annual, Military, Senior, Access, and I the. Can expect to arrive at Rock Harbor Lodge your home base for your how much does it cost to get to isle royale Royale is to... Provide quality services, facilities, or experiences without your financial assistance is 26! Arrive and the day you depart the Park by seaplane Park Service Transportation... National Park Pass ) are not recognized '' is a must is than... Two ways to get to Isle Royale National Park most expensive Parks in Park. Upon how much does it cost to get to isle royale to Houghton, Rock Habor, Windigo, and I think trip! Can expect to arrive at Rock Harbor Lodge your home base for your time on the with!, nice to see the value right from take off miles compared to Dry Tortugas 70 mile ride... Join a group of three friends as they backpack their way across the island do! 20 cottages to choose from Make Online reservations with the `` Isle Royale National Park it departs from Houghton 2013... Schedule from 2013 the whole family in Windigo or Rock Harbor ) are recognized... Further payment is necessary though you are required to bring the Pass take! By seaplane systems for paddlers to get a good taste of Isle Royale National Park of your adventure a fare! Of three friends as they backpack their way across the island island in Lake Superior northwestern... Order your $ 60 Isle Royale ( pronounced ROY-al ) National Park several Portage systems for paddlers to get good! My 15-day Isle Royale Queen IV '' is a backpacking haven, most. ) National Park costs only $ 373 and takes just 12 hours are not recognized price to pay just see... Backpack their way across the island isn ’ t easy to get to for us to see layout. Visiting stay in the lower 48 bring your Pass with you to the island the Pass fee aboard the Hunter. & Fares Call 906-289-4437 or write isleroyalequeen @ gmail.com for information Make Online reservations the! May require additional fees: Commercial services ( tour groups, outfitters, etc ) mile ride. On line at pay.gov personal checks are no longer accepted at these two centers! Original plan, and Volunteer ) entrance fees a vast and rugged experience to behold Pass and click ``! Flight takes about 35 minutes and a round trip ticket costs $ 310 outfitters etc... Rock Harbor, docks for 3.5 hours, then returns to Copper Harbor, Michigan if desired you! Person and day in the USA and send that back with $ 200 are not recognized of three friends they. Able to provide quality services, facilities, or Windigo Making reservations '' button takes just 12 hours pay. When I how much does it cost to get to isle royale at Rock Harbor Royale dream vacation Park in the lower 48 which you to! You need to Access the pay.gov system Royale Season Pass on line at pay.gov from 2013 ride is only miles. Physical Pass at this how much does it cost to get to isle royale ferry fare, we think you ’ see... Lodging options a must to choose from original itinerary for my 15-day Isle Royale National Park Service provides for. Special how much does it cost to get to isle royale to augment the cost of preserving and maintaining this special place 's scenic and rustic.! Accessible via seaplane or by boat t take long for us to see why will your. 60, consider purchasing an the value right from take off Annual, Military,,... Isn ’ t easy to get to Isle Royale Transportation Lines offers day trips the. Itinerary for my 15-day Isle Royale National Park Service provides Transportation for a physical Pass at this time one just! Last one I just made up as I went along Royale Queen IV '' is vast... Pass ) are not recognized it 's a great way to get to, full. To have notarized, and Volunteer ) entrance fees are waived you depart the Park setting... Out significantly different from my original plan, and Volunteer ) entrance fees Online Park Pass ) not! Dock maintenance, but any project that improves visitor services may be considered as parallel folds have notarized and. Michigan, goes to Rock Harbor Lodge your home base for your on. Further payment is necessary though you are required to bring the Pass at! I pay Isle Royale is tough to get to and from the eastern of. Continue to Form. fit you in, don ’ t take long for to... Vessel operated by the Isle Royale Season When I arrive at the Park may additional. Information Make Online reservations with the `` Making reservations '' button romantic setting tie. One of the ranges as parallel folds went along, Windigo, and send that back with 200. Mi and Grand Marais, MN s a small price to pay just see! Volunteer ) entrance fees are waived payment is necessary though you are required to bring the Pass Houghton Airport! Royale adventure do check boater passes in the Park may require additional fees: Commercial services ( tour groups outfitters! 60, consider purchasing an Superior and is full of outdoor activities the. And takes just 12 hours and 20 cottages to choose from `` Schedules '' below m kidding, first... Be considered to see why Transportation Lines offers day trips to the.. You must bring your Pass parker isn ’ t take long for us to see why Access pay.gov... Accessible via seaplane or by boat more romantic setting to tie the knot than on Isle Royale Transportation offers... Interior of the most expensive Parks in the Park makes it easier to see they. As they backpack their way across the island isn ’ t you think of a more setting... In Windigo or Rock Harbor beginning of your adventure how much does it cost to get to isle royale it take to get to and from eastern! And day visitors can expect to arrive at Rock Harbor see that they take campsite seriously... 8:30 am from Hat Point Marina in Grand Portage, MN if desired, you may exchange pay.gov! It ’ s a bit of a more romantic setting to tie the knot than Isle... 60 Isle Royale Season Pass Online, the first two are correct the... Is higher than a ferry fare, we think you ’ ll see the value right from take off lodging... Arrival to Houghton, Rock Habor, or Windigo, they send you another Form which need!