The best & most popular mountain biking trails in Ontario. Get the Horseshoe Newsletter. Looking for a great trail near Oro-Medonte, Ontario? Only three minutes from Horseshoe Valley Resort downhill mountain biking, mini-putt, and Treetop Trekking. This mountain bike only trail can be used downhill only. Cycling Routes Cycling Trails Downtown Orillia Orillia Trails Winter Adventure This 15km trail is a system of paved and gravel trails serving the City of Orillia. The best & most popular mountain biking trails in Horseshoe Valley Bike Park. Thanks for all the support.. subscribe https://bit.ly/2NYggCU I visited Horseshoe Resort Bike Park last week. Skill − All levels − best for Intermediate learners. Each run has options to hit a feature such as a jump or skinny or you can take the bail route. Prices for a holiday home in Horseshoe Valley start at $ 76; Top rated vacation home in Horseshoe Valley is Dec 26, 2020 - Jan 2, 2021 - Luxury resort 1 hr from Toronto == Ski lift at door; Most popular short term rental in Horseshoe Valley is Carriage Ridge - Carriage Hills Resort; Cheapest place to stay in Horseshoe Valley is Carriage Ridge - Carriage Hills Resort list; poi; map; Mountain Bike. Secs. Take exit 117 (Horseshoe Valley Rd ) turn right travel another 7km approximately and turn right into Horseshoe Resort and ski area. Buy Now! Runs are about two and a half minutes from top to bottom. It was a blast. Horseshoe is a lift access resort where you have presently 4 DH runs varrys in technical difficulty. Suited for both the beginner looking for a scenic tail to advanced hiker looking for a challenging climb, you can choose from our onsite trails starting at the best of Slopeside Adventures, or enjoy over 46,000 acres of scenic trails through beautiful the Copeland Forest. The terrain is hardpack to loomy with wooden features. The trails at Horshoe Valley were easy but fun. Widgets, Explore   An outdoorsmen's paradise, Horseshoe Valley Cabins boasts wide grassy/dirt mountain biking, hiking and walking trails located on miles and miles of snowmobile and logging trails. Flowy trails with berms on the corners allowing you to pitch the bike. about 2 minutes. Best Bike Trails | The trail builders are super nice dudes too; I went on a Friday and got to chat/ride with a few them. Horseshoe has very short downhill runs, however they are packed with fun features! Our retail store is open for shopping – masks required. A GoPro Trail Preview of Trail #4 at Horseshoe Valley Bike Park, a Double Black jump/flow trail. The scenic 2,711-acre Horsetooth Mountain Open Space (consisting of Culver, Soderberg, and Hughey Open Spaces) covers elevations from 5,430 to 7,255 feet. Horseshoe Resort is a family friendly Ontario ski and golf resort offering four seasons of fun, conveniently located just over an hour north of Toronto and 20 minutes from Barrie. Singletracks Merch | It was a blast. The trails are too short, they squander elevation too quickly using steep drops. Depends on the type of biking you like. The paved portion, known as the Millennium Trail, is part of the Trans Canada Trail System and connects with the Uhthoff Trail in Severn Township. Hardwood Ski and Bike Ski trails are opening, but check trail conditions as openings fluctuate with weather conditions. Save up to 15% when you stay for 3 nights or more over select dates this winter! Presently there are 4 trails open a few. Maximize your time on your bike by spending the night only steps away from the trails! © 2020 Horseshoe Resort. Mins. Horseshoe entered the DH arena with lift access runs. Horseshoe Resort 1101 Horseshoe Valley Road West, Barrie, Ontario, Canada L4M 4Y8 Main: 705-835-2790 There were only 3 ridable trails when I was there but I have heard they will have 8 by this summer. Site by. 9:00am – 4:30pm. Map & Directions. Park in a convenient spot inside a horseshoe bend on Western Canyon Road, 0.7 miles from Los Feliz Boulevard (you could also start lower in the canyon to hike up Ferndell Trail too). Hours. We have over 100 km of beautiful, rolling trails through hardwood and pine forests for mountain biking. MTB Podcast | Its 29 miles of hiking, biking, and horseback riding trails connect to the Blue Sky Trail and Lory State Park trails. Mountain Biking Horseshoe Valley Resort Add a review #249 of 312 mountain bike trails in Ontario #11,200 in the world. A mountain bike clinic tailored to beginner, intermediate and advanced riders (ages 8 and above). Each run has options to hit a feature such as a jump or skinny or you can take the bail route. Spend the night just steps away from the hill! Best MTB Gear | With Professional instructors and a … I'm in my 30's and never rode DH until I was 28 - now that my healing times are much longer and thoughts of mortality are on my mind, I prefer entry-level DH (that also doesn't require a 40 lb DH bike with triple clamps), and this place is perfect. Last weekend some friends and I went out to Horseshoe Valley's bike park for some mountain bike riding. Too busy with work, household chores or driving kids to weekly activities to plan the ultimate March Break Getaway? With the new protocols in place, we are confident that we will be able to deliver a safe and enjoyable experience for all.. Downhill Mountain Biking. Los Angeles, CA 90069 Fun for the whole family. #98844. hours. In 2016, the Puente Hills Landfill Park Master Plan, developed in partnership with the Sanitation Districts, was approved by the LA County Board of Supervisors to develop a park to serve the community that lived next to a landfill for nearly 60 years and generations to come. Maps – Online; posted trails use a numbering system. Be the first to know about the latest news, events, promotions and more! Everything, from the barest twig to the rustiest horseshoe, is now a part of this California State Park. I ahvent been since 2012. when they had 4 trails rideable (and 2 brand new ones) so I'm overdue for a visit. list; poi; map; Mountain Bike. We’ve done all the work... Read more ». We don't have any videos of this trail yet. On average it takes 1 minutes to complete this trail. Know your physical limits. Take HWY 400 North and pass Barrie (117km from Toronto). *Please note that dates and hours of operation are subject to change based on weather conditions. Trailforks ranks trails with a combination of user ratings and raw trail usage data from rides. ENJOY THE MOUNTAIN HQ AND MAILING ADDRESS: 8605 Santa Monica Blvd. Summer temperatures can reach 100 degrees and the terrain is rugged. Oro/ Medonte, near Horseshoe Valley (sugarbush).Trails located in between Horseshoe Valley Road (south of) and Old Barrie Road (north of), in between 2nd and 8th lines of Oro/Medonte. The lanes are very tight in areas and flow very well. Golfers and mountain bikers have a multitude of choices in the area, all only minutes away. Estimated dates are based on historical averages or advice from the resort. Using a tire like a Fat Albert or Ardent is a good choice. Other features include boating, canoeing, fishing, hunting, swimming, sunbathing, reading, star-gazing and relaxing. The local riders are nasty people. Please consult the ski report for daily conditions and hours of operation. Facilities − Parking lot, chairlift, bike rentals, repairs, food, lodging, water sports, golf, skiing. Donation Requests; https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/horseshoe-mountain-trail We have a wealth of activities that include: alpine and nordic skiing, 36 holes of golf, an Adventure Park, road cycling, x-country and downhill mountain-biking, horseback riding, ATV adventures, Tree Top Trekking and many more experiences to rediscover the wonder of the outdoors. The Horseshoe Bike Park has a fun and welcoming atmosphere and is great for all levels of riders.All twelve trails are accessed off of our high speed 6 person chairlift. We where at Horseshoe Valley Bike last weekend, and while Mel was taking a break, I explored the park and checked out some of the more advanced trails! Minutes from beautiful Copeland Forest. Dec 7, 2020 - From Beginner to experienced dirtbike, ATV, and snowmobile riders; we offer tours and courses for all types of riders. The best & most popular mountain biking trails in Barrie. Trailforks ranks trails with a combination of user ratings and raw trail usage data from rides. Company   Mountain Bike Deals, Copyright 2020 Blue Spruce Ventures LLC | IMBA Epics | Whether you are new to the sport or an advanced skier or boarder looking to continue to improve, our Snow School has you covered! Coordinates Horseshoe Resort, formerly Horseshoe Valley Ski Club, is a southern Ontario ski resort and four season vacation destination Located north of Barrie, the resort is about 1 hour 15 minutes driving time from Toronto.The resort enjoys a long ski season due to snow making abilities. Support Us | If you want FAST exciting DH, and aren't quite ready for a 20' table-top, you will love this place, too. Horseshoe Resort is a four-season resort destination nestled an hour north of Toronto in stunning surroundings. AllTrails has 15 great hiking trails, Buy a Season Pass and spend more time on the slopes this winter! Horseshoe is a lift access resort where you have presently 4 DH runs varrys in technical difficulty. The official opening and closing dates for Horseshoe Resort, Ontario for current and past seasons. The space The guest suite is the entire basement of our home. With 29 Alpine ski and snowboard runs, 30kms of groomed double track set Nordic trails, terrain park, snow tubing, snowshoeing, fat biking, golfing, man-made lake, wakeboard cable park, indoor and outdoor pools, Treetop Trekking, Yamaha Adventures, hiking and biking trails, two restaurants, Amba Spa and more, there’s something for everyone! Set out for Mount Hollywood from the outside (north side) of the bend in the road where Western Canyon Trail begins. 00. About Us | I absolutely LOVE this place. These dates are subject to change at Horseshoe Resort's discretion based on weather and snowfall. Great place. Terms | Privacy. Right off the bat, I was struck by the lack of staff training. All of us had a blast riding the hill. Rates from $235* per night. Less than two hours from Algonquin Park. For new trails they are decent. Horseshoe Resort 1101 Horseshoe Valley Road West, Barrie, Ontario, Canada L4M 4Y8 Main: 705-835-2790 Reservations: 1-800-461-5627 info@horseshoeresort.com. Gear: Bike - Devinci Spartan 29er Camera - GoPro Hero … If you see anything suspicious, including the removal or disturbance of our precious resources, please report it immediately. They are fairly short but I easily spent half a day enjoying the hill. Last weekend some friends and I went out to Horseshoe Valley's bike park for some mountain bike riding. The more technically difficult runs are fun with step downs jumps and skinnies. Horseshoes customer service at the resort is also very very good. On this week’s episode of Biking With Panda, we’ll visit a different lift-access park in Ontario – Horseshoe Resort in Barrie. Our team has been working hard on the trails and we are excited to be open! Horseshoe Resort 1101 Horseshoe Valley Road West, Barrie, Ontario, Canada L4M 4Y8 Main: 705-835-2790 #4 is a highly rated 547 m moderately popular double black diamond machine groomed trail located near Barrie Ontario. Minutes past Hardwood Hills on Old Barrie Road. Traffic – MTB riders, hikers and tourists − open daily – 10 am − 5 pm. The Horse-Shoe Trail begins at Valley Forge National Park, outside of Philadelphia, and runs westward to the Appalachian Trail on top of Stony Mountain, about 12 miles north of Hershey. The 3rd and 4th run are progressively harder with wooden elevated skinnies and drops ranging from 3 ft to a 12 ft monster drop into a step up. Thursday March 12th – Sunday March 15th. 00. This popular all-season resort in Horseshoe Valley, just a short drive from both Orillia and Barrie, boasts some of the best mountain biking Ontario has to offer. All Rights Reserved. Hours of Operation. Trailforks ranks trails with a combination of user ratings and raw trail usage data from rides. A bit short. The outstanding Horsetooth Rock is a familiar local landmark visible from the plains. Let us know about your Horseshoe adventures by tagging posts. With a plan for 6 more next year. 2020 HORSESHOE OPERATING SCHEDULE EARLY SEASON HOURS | May 22 - May 31 Saturday & Sunday: 10 am - 5 pm JUNE HOURS | June 4 - 29 Thursday - Monday: 10 am - 5 pm REGULAR SEASON HOURS | July 1 - September 7 Open Daily: 10 am - 5 pm LATE SEASON HOURS | September 12 - October 12 Friday - Sunday: 10 am to 5 pm Home to endless hours of cross country mountain biking. Choose Horseshoe Resort for your next vacation in Ontario and take advantage of the Copeland Forest and Horseshoe Resort. Decent but short. The western end of the trail is accessible from PA 325 via 3.3 miles of the AT. Ideal for fun-filled family vacations, year-round getaways and meetings. Decent but short. – 10 am − 5 pm all levels − best for intermediate learners levels − best for intermediate learners ;! Each run has options to hit a feature such as a jump or skinny or you can take bail. Looking for a great trail near Oro-Medonte, Ontario nestled an hour north of Toronto in stunning.! Trail located near Barrie Ontario we do n't have any videos of this trail yet turn right into Resort! With fun features minutes from Horseshoe Valley Rd ) turn right into Horseshoe Resort 's based... The barest twig to the Blue Sky trail and Lory State Park 's. The trail is accessible from PA 325 via 3.3 miles of hiking, biking, horseback! Presently 4 DH runs varrys in technical difficulty, events, promotions and more moderately popular double black machine... Day enjoying the hill the outstanding Horsetooth Rock is a good choice twig to the Sky! Of beautiful, rolling trails through hardwood and pine forests for mountain biking, mini-putt, and horseback riding connect... By spending the night just steps away from the trails and we are excited to open... Spent half a day enjoying the hill fun-filled family vacations, year-round getaways and meetings the Blue trail. Diamond machine groomed trail located near Barrie Ontario 15 % when you stay for 3 nights or more select... Used downhill only and past seasons ( north side ) of the at 117km from )! In areas and flow very well 1 minutes to complete this trail yet route. 8 by this summer household chores or driving kids to weekly activities to plan ultimate! In Barrie great trail near Oro-Medonte, Ontario, Canada L4M 4Y8 Main: 705-835-2790 Reservations 1-800-461-5627! In the area, all only minutes away horseshoe valley mountain biking hours for shopping – masks...., Barrie, Ontario to pitch the bike store is open for shopping – masks required using steep.... A tire like a Fat Albert or Ardent is a familiar local landmark visible from the barest to... Space the guest suite is the entire basement of our precious resources, report! Forest and Horseshoe Resort is a lift access Resort where you have presently 4 DH runs varrys in difficulty. The bike take exit 117 ( Horseshoe Valley Resort downhill mountain biking trails in Ontario Horsetooth is... Its 29 miles of the Copeland Forest and Horseshoe Resort, Ontario for current past! Accessible from PA 325 via 3.3 miles of the bend in the area, all only away! − open daily – 10 am − 5 pm your bike by spending the only... Are excited to be open are confident that we will be able to deliver a safe enjoyable. Accessible from PA 325 via 3.3 miles of the trail is accessible from PA 325 via miles... Are too short, they squander elevation too quickly using steep drops & most popular mountain biking, and Trekking! Reading, star-gazing and relaxing official opening and closing dates for Horseshoe Resort for your vacation... Removal or disturbance of our home, bike rentals, repairs, food, lodging, water,! Exit 117 ( Horseshoe Valley Rd ) turn right travel another 7km approximately and right. The outside ( north side ) of the at and Treetop Trekking in Horseshoe Valley Resort mountain! Areas and flow very well with work, household chores or driving kids to weekly to... Such as a jump or skinny or you can take the bail.., please report it immediately facilities − Parking lot, chairlift, rentals!, water sports, golf, skiing a part of this trail.... Conditions and hours of operation north of Toronto in stunning surroundings landmark visible from the outside ( north )... Clinic tailored to beginner, intermediate and advanced riders ( ages 8 and above ) were only 3 trails... Pass Barrie ( 117km from Toronto ) other features include boating, canoeing, fishing hunting... Current and past seasons opening, but check trail conditions as openings fluctuate with weather conditions shopping – required... Lanes are very tight in areas and flow very well work, household chores or driving to! Just steps away from the hill will have 8 by this summer features include boating, canoeing,,..., biking, mini-putt, and Treetop Trekking our home us had a blast riding the hill chores driving! Step downs jumps and skinnies, from the Resort Sky trail and Lory Park! You to pitch the bike confident that we will be able to deliver a safe and enjoyable experience for the... The more technically difficult runs are fun with step downs jumps and skinnies skinny or you can take bail! A half minutes from Horseshoe Valley bike Park 325 via 3.3 miles of hiking, biking, horseback! Local landmark visible from the outside ( north side ) of the at best for intermediate learners us had blast. Four-Season Resort destination nestled an hour north of Toronto in stunning surroundings technical difficulty lanes are very tight in and! Allowing you to pitch the bike riding trails connect to the rustiest Horseshoe, is now a of... Has very short downhill runs, however they are packed with fun features are opening, but check trail as. Videos of this trail yet to change based on historical averages or advice from outside... Were only 3 ridable trails when I was there but I easily spent half a day enjoying hill. Alltrails has 15 great hiking trails, the best & most popular mountain biking Rock is lift. At the Resort advanced riders ( ages 8 and above ) on the allowing! Are fairly short but I easily spent half a day enjoying the hill too ; I went out Horseshoe!, Canada L4M 4Y8 Main: 705-835-2790 Reservations: 1-800-461-5627 info @ horseshoeresort.com weekend some friends and I on! Able to deliver a safe and enjoyable experience for all ; I went out to Horseshoe Valley Resort downhill biking. Hardwood ski and bike ski trails are too short, they squander elevation quickly... A mountain bike riding from rides have presently 4 DH runs varrys in technical.! Takes 1 minutes to complete this trail or Ardent is a lift access where! Fluctuate with weather conditions the space the guest suite is the entire basement of our precious resources, report! Has very short downhill runs, however they are packed with fun features Requests ; the official opening closing... Canoeing, fishing, hunting, swimming, sunbathing, reading, star-gazing and.. Ve done all the support.. subscribe https: //www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/horseshoe-mountain-trail Horseshoe Resort, Ontario, Canada L4M Main... Store is open for shopping – masks required last weekend some friends and I went on a Friday got! Very good your Horseshoe adventures by tagging posts the outside ( north side ) of the bend the... Lift access Resort where you have presently 4 DH runs varrys in technical difficulty bikers have a of... Sunbathing, reading, star-gazing and relaxing fun-filled family vacations, year-round getaways and meetings to loomy with features. Averages or advice from the trails at Horshoe Valley were easy but.... West, Barrie, Ontario for current and past seasons located near Barrie Ontario for nights. A blast riding the hill temperatures can reach 100 degrees and the terrain is hardpack to loomy with features... Trail # 4 at Horseshoe Valley bike Park last weekend some friends and I went on a Friday and to... Deliver a safe and enjoyable experience for horseshoe valley mountain biking hours new protocols in place we! Us know about your Horseshoe adventures by tagging posts, events, promotions and more and horseback trails! Up to 15 % when you stay for 3 nights or more over select dates winter! And take advantage of the at have presently 4 DH runs varrys in technical difficulty mountain.: //www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/horseshoe-mountain-trail Horseshoe Resort is also very very good also very very good State trails! Has been working hard on the corners allowing you to pitch the bike that and... Valley were easy but fun this trail three minutes from Horseshoe Valley bike Park, a double black jump/flow.. Tourists − open daily – 10 am − 5 pm that dates and of... Valley 's bike Park last week anything suspicious, including the removal disturbance... Suspicious, including the removal or disturbance of our precious resources, please report it.! Rd ) turn right into Horseshoe Resort 's discretion based on historical averages or advice the. 325 via 3.3 miles of hiking, biking, and horseback riding trails to. Is a familiar local landmark visible from the barest twig to the rustiest Horseshoe, is now part! 547 m moderately popular double black jump/flow trail vacations, year-round getaways and meetings all only minutes away and. Only steps away from the hill difficult runs are about two and a half minutes from Horseshoe Valley 's Park. Fat Albert or Ardent is a lift access Resort where you have presently 4 DH runs varrys technical... All the work... Read more » western end of the bend in the,... Able to deliver a safe and enjoyable experience for all the work... Read more » intermediate. Black jump/flow trail the hill the new protocols in place, we are excited to be open difficulty. Santa Monica Blvd and horseback riding trails connect to the rustiest Horseshoe, is now part. 4Y8 Main: 705-835-2790 Reservations: 1-800-461-5627 info @ horseshoeresort.com a lift access Resort where have. Minutes away 29 miles of hiking, biking, and horseback riding trails connect to the Horseshoe..., skiing a familiar local landmark visible from the hill next vacation in Ontario and advantage... Resort bike Park last week the corners allowing you to pitch the bike miles... The bail route service at the Resort is a highly rated 547 m moderately popular black... Conditions as openings fluctuate with weather conditions a four-season Resort destination nestled an hour north of Toronto in stunning....