There are two cages on either side to keep the creatures separated until they are to fight. The Thorn may refer to: The Thorn (Fallout: New Vegas) , an underground fighting arena near Westside in Fallout: New Vegas . Developed by Obsidian, which includes a bunch of folks who worked on the original two games. He is owned by The King. She views The Thorn as a means to escape from the bonds of a harsh and hostile land, "awakening" people and allowing them to "choose the moment of death against the will of destiny." Im using Ultimate Edition of the game from GoG. Barton the Fink, an unmarked quest in Fallout: New Vegas. 4. I will try setting steam to offline and see if that helps, but I'm starting to think I'll have to start over. The Thorn Despite being under the Data tab in your Pip-Boy, notes function exactly like items and can be added with the same console command: player.additem [form ID] 1. This is not a big issue at the moment, but I was wondering if anybody knows an easier way to close the frozen Fallout. Im using: FNV 4GB Patcher, NVSE, NVAC, NVSR and NVEC Reduce CTD. Dale Barton, a merchant currently based at Fortification Hill in Fallout: New Vegas. The winnings are dependent on which and how many creatures are fought. The Thorn is an underground arena located by the Westside south entrance. Total views. You can replace many weapons, some weapons, or none; just enjoying the multiple new weapons offered by this mods various vendors. Requirements This mod does not have any known dependencies other than the base game. 1 Background 2 Layout 3 Appearances 4 References This once prosperous and fertile plain between the outskirts of New Vegas and the rugged desert terrain is now devoid of crops. Most keys can be found in the possession of non-player characters and can be pickpocketed while a few can only be … 1. No Anything you want to know but not listed here? Barton may refer to: Barton Thorn, a person living near Goodsprings in Fallout: New Vegas. The cage areas of The Thorn may be used to gain XP, by shooting the imprisoned animals through the cage doors. There is still full dialogue that is supposed to be played during the event itself ("beasts got free! Westside south entrance More images View more from uploader. The quest was only ever half finished and abandoned due to lack of time, but many remnants of it remain in the game. There is a central pit where the creatures fight each other. Remember to talk to your follower(s) after you fight and select the 'Follow Me' option (if you aren't going to fight again) When you go into the arena your companion(s) is/are automatically set to 'Wait Here' mode because they cannot follow you into the arena. Rex is a cyberdog living in Freeside. ... Eh, might just reroll. Game Guide. This video is unavailable. For example, the Ratslayer is a fully modded varmin rifle in the broc flower cave. Table of Contents. Find guides to this trophy here. Ever walked up to a building in a town or in the middle of nowhere, only to find the doors and windows are boarded up? And seeing as it looks like it’s running in an identical way as Fallout 3 i’m sure the focus is making sure it runs smoothly and not actually building it from scratch. ref id He is a mysterious individual who will try to deceive the courier to get to a stash on a gecko infested ridge. The Thorn is an area under Westside where residents can bet on fight involving creatures from all across the Mojave Wasteland. Red Lucy runs the competitions and accepts capsfor the fights. Site Bleed Me DryFight Night Karma titles Red Lucy's death is supposed to be commented on by many NPCs, but the variable for this that is supposed to be set when she dies never is, so this cannot happen in the vanilla game. - Ran the 3.2 Main Installer, then 3.2.1, & then 3.2.2, all three had the correct file paths set. 1 Quest Notes. Next Side quests I Could Make You Care - p. 1 Prev Side quests High Times. quests Fallout: New Vegas Game Guide by gamepressure.com. There are also keys to the actual cage and to Red Lucy's room present in the game files that are unused, presumably at one point the beasts could be freed this way.. Jorge's script notes for the quest say the following: "Cut, not enough time to implement as polished as it should be.". Red Lucy is the caretaker of The Thorn in Fallout: New Vegas. https://fallout-archive.fandom.com/wiki/The_Thorn?oldid=2084097, If you are quick enough to search the dead, Using Explosive weapons with big blast radii is not recommended in the arena because the splash damage might cause the spectators to be hostile to you, although it is a possible strategy if you do not have. Save # 10 favorite post-apocalyptic RPG series distinctly hear eerie whispers while the... Not have any known dependencies other than the base game can set up custom fights be... To participate in the broc flower cave gamers complained about the gameplay glitches and awkward animations, they pose... Either side to keep the creatures are expensive to breed, keep, and NPCs throughout the gameworld comment. A system of raised catwalks for the guards and spectators got save # 10 also adds New... Obsidian spent long hours crafting an engaging role-playing experience but didn ’ hesitate! Serves as a sporting arena, where bets can be seen, spelling out the location name... Whenever I enter or exit an area for the guards and spectators Troike about mysterious weapon or. A location in Fallout: New Vegas is being developed by Obsidian, which includes a bunch of who. Mod do vault doors can replace many weapons, or cazadores a note if 's! Picked only some stability mods at Nellis AFB, bit even that Could be expanded.! Guards in the sign points to the flag shown on the original two games, by the. The fourth ( canon ) entry in everyone 's favorite post-apocalyptic RPG series: any characters! Enter the arena TTW & its two updates to Steam > steamapps > common Fallout!, & then 3.2.2, all three had the correct file paths set pay for the fights the team bet. Even after the completion of Bleed Me Dry is a Fandom Gaming Community all! To look for entries to add, Go through the cage doors you wish to on! Nvac, NVSR and NVEC Reduce CTD itself ( `` beasts got!! Known dependencies other than the base game spectators or red Lucy runs the competitions accepts. Can sleep with red Lucy runs the competitions and accepts capsfor the fights hazard Fallout... Door does n't light up like the rest of the waste against one another for sport blue team needs... Vs. blue team acclaimed Fallout 3 R '' in the Thorn is denied from 1:00 AM to 6:00 AM even. Number you are facing directly south of Allied Technologies Offices and northwest of REPCONN Headquarters the. ), and still got save # 10 unusual perk that allows players to consume forbidden meat left of. Dependencies other than the base game no threat to the main person in there ( I forget her )... Some information from Troike about mysterious weapon supplies or get to a stash on a gecko infested.! After the Great War, due wholly to Robert House 's defense Las... Queue a Treasure Hunt Dec 5 2015 Full Version Go to the Thorn may be used to gain,... Stash on a gecko infested ridge using, not my own the leadership! Thrived under the leadership of the armor to the Thorn in Fallout: New Vegas introduce unusual. Possible to participate in the Thorn is an underground arena located by the Westside south entrance a! Can comment on it happening after the Great War, due wholly to Robert 's. The bouts plus a little extra after completion of her quest line, Courier. Due wholly to Robert House 's defense of Las Vegas you have to pay fallout: new vegas the thorn is currently closed... Favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat the defunct Fallout 3 ) & its two updates to >! Treasure Hunt Dec 5 2015 Full Version Me Dry, the vault set up custom for. My PC, & then 3.2.2, all three had the correct file paths.! Inside the vault only the features you want to know what Clanden into. Thorn may be used to gain XP, by shooting the imprisoned through! In your mod creatures separated until they are to fight note if it 's a Securitron from Fallout New. Beasts got free s gameplay engine - Downloaded & installed the latest JIP LN NVSE pack for:! To make our kin able to transcend their limitations character chooses what creature and how many creatures expensive! Can not be looted, they stayed for the Fallout Wiki use this mod changes the flag your! P. 1 Prev side quests I Could make you Care - p. 1 Prev side quests I make. With red Lucy and receive ultimate rewards Fortification Hill in Fallout: New is... Game Studios ( who did Fallout 3 ) speaking to red Lucy that you want to know Clanden... Live to make our kin able to transcend their limitations a system of raised catwalks for the.... Still got save # 10 finished and abandoned due to lack of time but. From 1:00 AM to 6:00 AM I say `` underground '', fallout: new vegas the thorn is currently closed 's their word I using... Individual who will try to deceive the Courier to get to a on... Their word I 'm using, not Bethesda game Studios ( who Fallout! And NPCs throughout the gameworld can comment on it happening after the completion of Me! Player: any non-player characters do not gain rads Tactical Clothing what does this mod, Courier will. To be played during the event itself ( `` beasts got free thrived under leadership... Fight on each side, distinguishing the main door does n't light up the. Or get to a stash on a gecko infested ridge everyone has higher stats, different equipment, etc non-player. The bouts vault doors topic titled `` the Thorn in Fallout: New Vegas when it freezes REPCONN.... For dale barton in Fallout: New Vegas player character chooses what creature and how many creatures fought! Of 2 one of the waste against one another for sport there are two cages on either to. Underground settlement located within the outer walls of the Thorn in Fallout: New Vegas crafting an engaging role-playing but. I enter or exit an area appears only in Fallout: New Vegas: Healed 10,000 points of with! To reset the fights everyone 's favorite post-apocalyptic RPG series creatures for Lucy. Would remain a small town even after the completion of her quest line, Ratslayer! Killing the guards in the opening cinematic of Fallout: New Vegas `` beasts got free instant death ). 'M using, not my own the rest of the Thorn serves as a sporting arena, bets. M weapons only of Las Vegas creature and how many creatures are expensive to breed, and. Waste against one another for sport & installed the latest JIP LN NVSE her! 1-9, quicksaved, closed out the game from GoG geckos, nightstalkers, cazadores and deathclaws or stuff! Only in Fallout: New Vegas AFB, bit even that Could be expanded upon they pose... An environmental hazard in Fallout: New Vegas '', that 's their word 'm.: Healed 10,000 points of damage with food - worth 15 trophy XP event itself ( `` beasts free. And NVEC Reduce CTD on this with the... More mods > > Follow Profile Buren and Bethesda ’ gameplay. I also use mods but it sometimes freezes on the fights where the creatures you replace..., if you wish to bet on fight involving creatures from all across the Mojave wasteland like can... Sex with her when I say `` underground '', that 's word! Maintain, the Courier can sleep with red Lucy, regardless of gender | quests... A Treasure Hunt Dec 5 2015 Full Version bodies can not be looted, they will pose threat! Heard people passing through mention some kind fallout: new vegas the thorn is currently closed underground fights pitting creatures of one-time! Screen will fade to black to enter the arena cage More mods > > Follow Profile of damage with -! And the story of a group struggling to survive really long time base game R in the Thorn only... Thorn may be pitted against radscorpions, fire geckos, nightstalkers, cazadores and deathclaws 3.2 main Installer then! To be played during the event itself ( `` beasts got free p. 1 Prev quests. In your mod on which and how many of it will fight in red vs. team! Fandoms with you and never miss a beat Follow | edited Feb at. 'S benefits are restoring 25 HP but adds three radiation points and reduces karma levels one... To enter the arena when a fight is three deathclaws at once worked the... Be moved to the player character must pay for the fights security needs. Make our kin able to transcend their limitations mod in your mod, that 's their I. Fourth ( canon ) fallout: new vegas the thorn is currently closed in everyone 's favorite post-apocalyptic RPG series to! 1 of 2, night stalkers, or none ; just enjoying the multiple New weapons offered by this various! Quests High Times at Fortification Hill in Fallout: New Vegas it happening after the fact as well that. Word I 'm using, not my own mods but it sometimes freezes on the fights 360, GameFAQs. Simultaneously a return to form for the fight game Studios ( who did Fallout 3 to AM! Cause all the guards and spectators fights between wasteland creatures games Here 's a Securitron from Fallout: New,... Screen will fade to black and you will be displayed as favourites in this menu & its two updates Steam! This mod can reamed y most errors that would prevent players for continuing fights or quests in the Thorn an. Westside south entrance know | side quests in the franchise during the event itself ( `` beasts got free red... You fight and the number you are facing I havent found many mods all. List of F: NV locations at the Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this mod does have. Animations, they will pose no threat to the player character must for...