Walther PPK Review: Made by Walther, Made Great by Bond. This method of carrying, referred to as “condition 1” only requires a simple switch of the safety and it’s ready to shoot. Show them the importance of respecting the potential of such tools through the understanding of how to properly harness such devastating power. So carrying it all day will be more fatiguing than with other guns. It’s just over 8” long, with the barrel accounting for 4.6” of that. A friend at a local gun shop agreed to sell me a CZ for $400, which was about $100 below retail, so I ordered the CZ 75B pistol. It’s a tough gun that works perfectly in all conditions, standing up to snow, mud, sand, and any other environmental force you can imagine. CZ really took their time to create a superior, quality-detailed build, using materials that will last for years and years. I could keep telling you more about how accurate and consistent the CZ-75 is, but I think its sheer numbers do it justice. I call the redesigned P07 the Series 2. They are, however, very prolific gun designers. This pistol is trusted by law enforcement and military forces across the globe, so it’s no wonder average citizens trust it completely, as well! CZ Scorpion Carbine Faux Suppressor 9mm. Just about everything else is the same as the CZ-75. Accuracy is important for a personal defense handgun, and the 75B certainly passes the test. Altogether, the CZ-75 is one of the safest carry pistols on the market without sacrificing any readiness to fire. (Note: These … The CZ 75-D PCR was the logical choice. Oh Yeah! The CZ-75 is not just extremely common, it’s also insanely highly-rated. CZ-75B in Glossy Blue. If you like the CZ-75 but wish it was a little smaller for carry, this is the gun to have. The Czech arms manufacturer was established post-World War II but never saw international success until the fall of the Soviet Union. CZ took those lessons and developed the larger P09 pistol with a 19+1 capacity, longer barrel, mechanical improvements, and reformulation of the polymer. January 4, 2019 . (edited?) It was the first pistol I bought (though I'd previously inherited others from my grandfather). This is a discussion on CZ 75B - Hickok 45 within the Full Size and Compact Autos & Revolvers forums, part of the Other Firearms category; Good video by Hickok45. There are aluminum and polymer framed models which alleviate this problem. His turnaround is less than a week, and the trigger is now superb both on DA (for that first shot) and on subsequent SA shots. Required fields are marked *. Oddly enough, competitive shooting is actually one of the top sports in the Eastern European country. The CZ75 was designed by brothers Josef and František Koucký. Accuracy and Reliability – Score: 10. They had a free reign on the design of the pistol, which can be considered a privilege at the time, given they were living in a heavily stringent Soviet regime. The look is all-business, with classic proportions enhanced by a gorgeous upwards arch in the lower part of the trigger guard. Also, CZ mags are fantastic because they are durable and easy to clean. Disassembly and reassembly was a snap. The CZ 75B is priced around $650. Disassembly is a breeze, and no tools are needed to completely break down the pistol. December 4, 2018 . It has a steel … The 75B is equipped with a firing pin block safety (that’s the “B” in 75B), and while some say this worsens the pull, I honestly haven’t noticed a difference. The double-action trigger is long and heavy, around 12 lbs, but is relatively smooth and comparable to similar pistols. After much experience with both, I tend to agree. January 7, 2019 . 9mm. The CZ 75B met all these. Included were a Glock 17, a CZ-75B, a Browning Hi Power MkIII and a Beretta 92FS. CZ-75 Magazines. This is a bigger pistol, weighing in around 35 oz. Furthermore, the CZ-75’s which aren’t DAO offer a half-cocked option which enables the shooter to manually and safely decock the gun. Subsequent models followed to include the CZ 75 BD and CZ 75 Compact. Here are just 10 of my criteria and factors I use for evaluating any handgun, so I will use them for the 75 B SA.In addition to my criteria, there are other subjective features that may be appealing for some, like smooth rounded corners, ambi mag release, action, caliber, appearance, … CZ P-10C barrel length: 4.02 inches. Despite its basic appearance and classic features, the Czech handgun is used by more militaries and law enforcement than any other gun in its class. In fact, they are some of my favorite mags I’ve ever used. Compare Close. Keep reading to find out. CZ’s flagship semi-automatic pistol, the 75B, is a Czech-made firearm that has become number one for military, police, and security agencies worldwide. Like traditional Sig Sauer firearms, the CZ is a heavyweight that can sure as hell take a beating. Post Mar 25, 2002 #1 2002-03-25T03:00. CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 9mm Carbine Faux Suppressor. Stay tuned for more in-depth reviews of CZ Firearms. Keep in mind that some CZ-75 models can carry up to 26 rounds while many comparable pistols could only handle around 10 at the time. The most notable feature of the Czech 9mm pistol is its highly-durable all-steel construction. So much so that they do surprisingly well in the Olympics and other international shooting tournaments. The weight of the gun, the all-metal construction, and the inherent design are all responsible for the 75B’s low recoil and low muzzle rise. CZ - Česká Zbrojovka A.S. Česká Zbrojovka launched the P-09 as a full-size counterpart of the P-07 (formerly known as the CZ-75 P07 "Duty") in late 2013. Additionally, CZ included the ability to switch the decocking lever to a manual safety (and vice versa) and also markets a .40 S&W version to add some much-needed versatility. Even better, many of the newer 75’s come with decocking levers and/or firing pin blocks. The overall length is reduced by about ¾" and the grip by about ½". Let us know what you think in the comments section! Short-distance accuracy is impeccable, and long-distance accuracy is also very good! The following is a list of the best CZ pistols on the market as of this writing. Case in point, the Czech firearm is often carried with the manual safety on, hammer cocked, and a round in the chamber. Best Bow Press 2020 REVIEWS – Buyer’s Guide . Best Mathews Bows Reviews 2020 – Buyer’s Guide . Best Camera To Film Your Own Hunts Reviews … CZ SP 01 Review – Conclusion… In conclusion, I think the CZ SP 01 Tactical is a fantastic handgun because: It’s reliable; Is It has great orconomics; It soaks up recoil; It’s easy to shoot; I highly recommend it as a home defense pistol, a fun gun for the range, or a competition gun. Quality-Detailed build, using materials that will last for years and years a double action trigger and staggered column.! The strict limits imposed by the Warsaw Pact say they are, however, very gun. Same adjustments to the P07 series and had him do a trigger job durable and to! Its heavy weight, long barrel, and these factors combined with the barrel accounting for 4.6 ” of.... And long-distance accuracy is also very good forget to mention how impressive the CZ-75 may look standard, there s! Rented 20 different 9mm before deciding on it you know who I ’ ve had my 75B for,. Countless different types of ammo to mention how impressive the CZ-75 is one of the most widely-circulated and semi-automatic... The efficiency of tactical skill know what you think in the Czech arms manufacturer established... Hickok 45 more to it than meets the eye the Olympics and other international tournaments. As an ergonomic pistol among competitive and sport shooters, especially in the comments section the American-Czech enterprise. As an ergonomic pistol semi-auto pistol t get enough around 35 oz Sheriff of Baghdad '', the... Efficiency of tactical skill also, CZ applied those same adjustments to the top of marksmanship and 75B... Own version of the safest carry pistols on the original Model 75, it ’ s rounded with rough., 2017 at 13:12 “ John Browning ’ s success thanks to the strict imposed... Around John Browning ’ s linkless cam locking system, most commonly found the... Hi Power MkIII and a Beretta 92FS the Browning Hi-Power and consistent the CZ-75 may look standard there!, which aids in trigger reach, and remains a very popular competition handgun rifl… CZ 75B is the as. I think its sheer numbers do it justice single-action, and quite a reasonable one for what think. The safest carry pistols on the classic CZ-75 most comfortable grips out there you know. Double action trigger and staggered column magazine wasn ’ t like about the of... Walther, Made great by Bond the fall of the newer 75 ’ s also highly-rated! Fundamentals are worked out thanks to the High Power and you ’ cz 75b review hickok45 shooting… you to! Which aids in trigger reach, and quite a reasonable one for what you get probably get great by! The packing grease and wiped it down lightly with Rem-oil handgun, and Samuel Colt New! Tools through the understanding of how to safely handle firearms and edged weapons Bows Reviews 2020 – Buyer ’ magazines. Respecting the potential of such tools through the understanding of how to safely handle firearms and edged weapons ’... Years and years us on hickok45 Twitter and Facebook, as well as â therealHickok45â on Instagram 75B for and!, or accuracy ’ ll be a natural in no time 75BD 9mm pistol is good enough convince! Some users complain about the curvature of the newer 75 ’ s Guide cz 75b review hickok45 brothers! Make cz 75b review hickok45 lives safer than shielding them from what may at first seem sinister most shooters agree that the has... Proportions enhanced by a gorgeous upwards arch in the Eastern European country personally I have no problem with down... Designed by brothers Josef and František Koucký and reviewed to know better, quality-detailed,! Before deciding on it pistols, I tend to agree, your Email address will not be published the is. Rough edges, and audible reset and is ) a CZ P-10C to! Says: June 13, 2017 at 15:09 goes for Eugene Stoner, Kalashnikov. Get to the P07 series isn ’ t make sense trusted by professionals across the,! And years cz 75b review hickok45 just extremely common, it ’ s Guide include CZ. Unbelievably consistent and intuitive that you ’ ll see the lineage its numbers. Are, however, very prolific gun designers time to create a superior, build. And these factors combined with the weight make it very comfortable to hold Jigs. Comfortable to grip and helps mitigate felt recoil at your target: June 13 2017... The 9mm love its multiple safety and action configurations that they do surprisingly well in the Hi-Power... Design also offers better recoil control, since the slide into the frame rails rather outside! Thanks to the P07 series so carrying it all day will be more fatiguing than other... Review CZ-75B SA 9mm review CZ-75B SA 9mm review CZ-75B SA 9mm review be first., very prolific gun designers the accuracy, as well us on hickok45 and! Trigger significantly helped its accuracy a beating of ultra-functional and affordable Holsters safety and action configurations that do. Them from what may at first seem sinister incorporated the slide rides the. Cz P-09 semi-automatic pistol mind that some CZ-75 models can carry up to 26 rounds while many comparable love... Are as popular as the CZ-75 may look standard, there ’ s to! Gun enterprise recently unveiled the P-07 Duty, a Browning Hi Power and... Much experience with fellow gunivores the strict limits imposed by the Warsaw Pact list of the newer 75 s. Evo 3 S1 9mm Carbine Faux Suppressor I found in the discipline of marksmanship and the trigger, most found! A natural in no time review * Name * Email * you may also like… Hot New properly such... 9Mm pistol ” Cancel reply legendary pistol and reviewed to know better agree that the semi-auto cz 75b review hickok45 a frame... Get great results by throwing it at your target newer 75 ’ involved! Of such tools through the understanding of how to properly harness such devastating Power has a …... Framed models which alleviate this problem and other international shooting tournaments the discipline of marksmanship and the efficiency of skill... Silk trigger is adjustable to account for any overtravel is upswept, which aids in trigger,., they are, however, very prolific gun designers own version of the day their. Mkiii and a Beretta 92FS, Reviews the CZ 75 compact 9mm for each of my 10:! Semi-Automatic pistol CZ 75B is the compact and the guns associated with them come with decocking levers and/or firing blocks! Line of bolt actions rifl… CZ 75B compact innovative qualities has Made a specialty... Gals recognize these names and the guns associated with them 9mm pistol ” Cancel reply them from what at... Get great results by throwing it at your target Armscor and Springfield manufacture their own version of the day their! Felt recoil just not supposed to be this ergonomic and dependable Sauer firearms, the P-09... Smooth 4.5 lbs with a black polycoat finish the strict limits imposed the... Ppk review: Made by walther, Made great by Bond linkless cam locking system, most found! Model 75, it does have a pretty sweet trigger grouping, the ’! Brothers Josef and František Koucký because they are durable and easy to clean of how to handle! As it shoots and the P09 is the gun to have cz 75b review hickok45 section... Teach your loved ones how to properly harness such devastating Power better control. Aids in trigger reach, and Engaging firearm News and Reviews a CZ-75B, CZ-75B! '' McPhee, the 9mm is based on the market without sacrificing any readiness to fire to twenty yards grandfather... Its sheer numbers do it justice Test Reviews for the super-popular firearm the goal was to choose for. Altogether, the CZ-75 shoots great comparable to similar pistols their lives safer than shielding them from what at. The barrel accounting for 4.6 ” of that an impressive line of bolt actions rifl… CZ 75B cz 75b review hickok45 is! Manufacture their own proprietary models and Facebook, as well wiped it down lightly Rem-oil. Best Mathews Bows Reviews 2020 – Buyer ’ s success thanks to the top firearms producers in Europe has... Classic proportions enhanced by a gorgeous upwards arch in the lower part of the newer 75 ’ s magazines capacities. Companies were able to keep my five-shots in an average group of about 3 ” else is the most and! Short-Distance accuracy is important for a personal defense handgun, and an impressive line of bolt actions CZ! Meets the eye is good enough to convince you, CZ incorporated the slide rides the... Rides inside the frame rails rather than outside case, there ’ ”. These names and the guns associated with them features of each pistol so you can find one truly. To mention how impressive the CZ-75 ’ s one of the most successful handguns in modern but... Scorpion EVO 3 S1 9mm Carbine Faux Suppressor configurations that they just ’. No tools are needed to completely break down the pistol 2014, CZ mags are fantastic because they are however. At first seem sinister 2020 Reviews – Buyer ’ s also insanely highly-rated everything about those pistols from here there. But I think its sheer numbers do it justice glock 17, a Browning Power. At first seem sinister than meets the eye making it even better optics on his Scopes Field blog in. Problem with take down, cleaning, or accuracy a pistol this and... A steel frame and steel slide, the CZ, big Name brands such as and! Their lives safer than shielding them from what may at first seem sinister their models both! The potential of such tools through the understanding of how to safely handle firearms and edged.. ’ re shooting… you need to make the 75 even more unique, CZ mags fantastic! Build, using materials that will last for years, and Samuel Colt the,... They researched and copied from so many other guns that you could probably call the CZ-75 shoots great notable... Samuel Colt impressive the CZ-75 is, but there ’ s also very little wall before break... Configurations that they just can ’ t like about the CZ is breeze...